Tomorrow Today is Benalla district’s community foundation, formed and run by local people with the purpose of enabling the creation of a stronger, more resilient and prosperous rural community. Our vision is a generous community, able to achieve a stronger tomorrow by challenging itself today.
Like all community foundations, we work to build a substantial pool of funds to benefit the community in perpetuity. We use the income generated by this Community Fund to provide community grants. Each year our Grants Program provides an independent source of funding for groups and organisations that are working to address the changing needs in our community.
Additional to the Community Fund, we respond to major issues affecting Benalla’s future. In response to Benalla’s high level of local socio-economic disadvantage, we developed the Education Benalla Program (EBP), which began in 2010. This long-term program, run in partnership with over 160 local organisations and volunteers, is designed to improve the educational outcomes – and future opportunities – of Benalla’s young people. EBP is on track to achieve its objective that by 2030 the education and training completion rates of Benalla students will equal or exceed the Victorian average.
We are currently recruiting for a Communications Coordinator
The purpose of the position is to deliver high-level communications services to progress the aims of the organisation. Tomorrow Today is achieving extraordinary results in improving student outcomes and building local capacity in Benalla and district. We need to increase awareness of our brand and our results in order to secure long-term sustainable revenue to enable us to achieve our vision.
The position is part time 15 hours per week (0.4 EFT).
One-year contract offered, with one-year option
Salary $70,000 p.a. pro-rata, plus superannuation
Salary packaging available
There will be a six-month probationary period.
The position will be located in Benalla.
National Employment Standards apply.
Supervision Reporting Relationship
The position will report to the Executive Officer.
Objective One: Work with our contracted marketing consultant to develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy to promote the work of Tomorrow Today, and share knowledge and insights gained from the Education Benalla Program – locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. Duties will include but not be limited to:-
- Develop a timeline for production and dissemination of publications and media articles.
- Write, edit and produce material for the organisation including press releases brochures, newsletters, the Annual Report, etc.
- Establish templates using a web-based email marketing service (eg, Mail Chimp) to design email newsletters, share them on social networks, and track the marketing campaign.
- Develop infographics to demonstrate the impact of donor campaigns and educational programs.
- Establish social media as a two-way communications tool with target groups.
- Manage the organisation’s digital photographic library
- Maintain the organisation’s website to ensure currency and make recommendations on and contribute to website content.
Objective Two: Increase engagement from program participants in shaping EBP programs
- Manage, streamline and expand the organisation’s social media profile with a view to increasing engagement with program participants and the wider community through mechanisms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc.
- Research and develop interactive communication and feedback mechanisms using Information Technology tools, e.g. Google Hangout and Survey Monkey
Objective Three: Use media tools to raise aspirations of family and community for Benalla students. Work with the members of the Benalla Future Work Steering Committee to develop and disseminate key messages around supporting and employing Benalla’s young people.
- Produce editorials, articles and media releases to support the campaign both through local news outlets and social media
- Enlist the support of local media outlets in publishing editorials and articles to support the campaign
- Manage the Benalla Future Work Facebook page
- Communication skills: Excellent written, verbal and computer skills. Ability to write engaging copy and accurate, clear and informative reports. Ability to design and produce visually appealing electronic and printed publications.
- Social media experience: Experience with uploading photos and files to websites; a high level of literacy with Facebook, Instagram and other popular social media platforms. Photography skills would be welcomed.
- Collaboration: Proven ability to work collaboratively with parents, young people, schools and other agencies. Ability to develop partnerships and protocols that enhance organisational aims. Ability to work effectively as a member of a small team.
- Flexibility: A positive approach to problem solving and a demonstrated ability to negotiate competing needs. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to generate options and ideas and to be alert to new and emerging opportunities. A professional approach to work.
- Current full Victorian driver’s licence and comprehensively insured, roadworthy vehicle.
- Current National Police Check.
- Current Working with Children Check.
Key Performance Indicators
Social media platforms are established and maintained with a high uptake by Benalla teenagers and parents
Two newsletters and an Annual Report produced each year
Regular high quality media articles and reports are submitted to relevant media outlets and publications
Website content is current, interesting and informative
Knowledge of the aims and achievements of Tomorrow Today Foundation increase – locally, regionally and nationally
In accordance with Privacy Legislation, Tomorrow Today Foundation will use the personal information provided by applicants solely for the purpose of making appointments to positions within the Foundation. Tomorrow Today Foundation will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information it collects and uses. It will not disclose such information to any outside organisation. Tomorrow Today Foundation will destroy the personal information when it is no longer needed for selection purposes except where the applicant accepts a position within the organisation. By submitting personal information to Tomorrow Today Foundation, applicants are deemed to have given their consent to the collection, use and storage of their personal information for the purpose stated above.
Written applications should include daytime contact information, a statement addressing each of the critical skills/experience, qualifications and provide names and contact information for two professional referees.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 27 November 2019.
Shortlisted applicants are required to bring original qualifications to interview.
Applicants will need to be available for interview on Monday 2 December
Address application to:
Tomorrow Today Foundation
Shop 10, 66 Nunn St, BENALLA VIC 3672
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries to Pat Claridge Ph: 5762 1211 Mob: 0429 173418