Six local projects will be undertaken in Benalla over the coming year with funding support from Tomorrow Today’s 2020 Grants Program. Over $14,000 has been awarded to local groups whose projects and initiatives will help to build a stronger, more resilient and prosperous Benalla community.
Grant recipients include:
- Ride Avenue Pre-School, to develop a sensory garden at the front of the Kindergarten and purchase additional indoor learning aids
- Global Sisters, to run business mentoring meet-ups that help single mums and women over 50 to develop profitable business ideas and enterprises
- Benalla Flexible Learning Centre, for equine therapy that builds social and emotional skills and confidence in young people
- Benalla Library, to purchase robotics equipment to run workshops for local young people to encourage interest in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) fields of work and study
- FCJ College Benalla, to partner with Cooinda Benalla Aged Care on the ‘Let’s Find Our Voice’ project
- Bernard Briggs Kindergarten, to help children learn through play with the purchase of new Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) equipment
The funds are available as a result of donations to Tomorrow Today’s Community Fund. Money donated stays in the Fund permanently to generate income that, in turn, provides grants for Benalla and district projects.
“We are so pleased to be able to make these grants,” said Executive Officer Rosie Koop. “It is enormously satisfying that as a result of funds generously donated by Benalla people, we’re able to support great local initiatives and projects.”
“It’s been really heart-warming to receive so much support from locals in the form of end of financial year donations. There has been a steady stream of donations coming in over the past few weeks. We are enormously grateful. Community grants wouldn’t be possible without local donations.”
For organisations that missed the 2020 grant round, Tomorrow Today’s Stepping Stone grants of up to $1,000 are available year round for projects that benefit the community. If you’re interested in applying, visit www.tomorrowtoday.com.au or call Rosie Koop on 03 5761 1211 for further information.
Donations to the Tomorrow Today Community Fund are warmly welcomed at any time.